#brokenbutnotafraid 6

Are you afraid?

In the above image from my sojourn on duty during the Nedbank Three Country Cycling Tour 2017, I was on the dry river bed of the great Limpopo River around Sentinel Farm.

My lesson today is short.

I took off my shoe and set it against the foot imprint of an elephant that had crossed earlier and therewith the lessons began.

1. I needed a shoe to cross the dry river bed but the elephant feet came suited for the walk. In this I learnt that each one of us faces different odds and needs different interventions to walk the journey of life.
  2. My shoe helped me protect my feet but that did not make my feet as big as the elephant’s. In this I learnt that it is not the size that will help but a comfortable fit will help my feet take me across the riverbed of challenges.
  3. Trying to match the stride and steps of the elephant would have made me walk in a drunken maze and almost in circles so I did not. I learnt that I have to walk my own journey, patented on my footsteps and destination.
  4. My shoe would not fit on an elephant. I learnt that life is not one size fits all. Every step requires it’s own effort and leaves it’s own imprint on the sand.
  5. I cannot substitute my legs for an elephant one in as much as I might want to walk in gigantic steps. Actually, the only link to to a human being that carries a name similar to an elephant is a disease borne by a mosquito called elephantiasis or elephants foot disease !! From this I deduce that one cannot seek to walk in another’s shoes or feet and trying to do so will result in disability.

So, we must not be afraid of our footsteps. We must not envy the elephant’s feet and we must not be afraid to cut our shoes and wear them!!! We must not be afraid.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 ESV

#brokenbutnotafraid

#iamphindelasson

13 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Noma
    Sep 14, 2017 @ 23:39:15

Number 3 particularly helpful, ‘I have to walk my own journey… ‘ What I am hearing is that I must not be afraid to be myself and walk my God intended path-thank you.

2. christabel Ng'ambi
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 00:43:55

God chose you because He knew you could handle it. You have the courage, the strength, the anointing, the favor. You’re not weak, you’re not lacking. You didn’t come this far to give up now. The people that see dreams come to pass are the people that stay committed. God has plans for you and not of evil but to prosper you and give you unexpected end. Hold your head up and persue your dream. Winners don’t Quit and Quitters don’t WIN. YOU ARE A WINNER!

3. VJ
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 09:22:36

Great lesson. Be yourself and walk your own journey.

4. Kunei
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 10:11:45

I needed this, thank you. Bless you!!!

5. Memory Derembwe
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 13:10:12

So educating and encouraging.

6. esther
    Sep 19, 2017 @ 10:58:45

Broken and afraid , thank u friend .this gives me courage

7. Rachel Chakanyuka
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 00:49:40

Amen and amen, i have learnt not to be afraid and to be strong and courageous for the Lord is with me always. I have been blessed, thank you!

8. Tendai Masona
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 05:38:03

That’s encouraging -thank you so much we should walk our own journey

9. Sibonile
    Sep 21, 2017 @ 03:51:53

Amen dear brother . Amazing lesson. Am so inspired. Thank yoi for these wise words