#betheroutinebreaker Moses continued…
Then Pharaoh commanded all his people, “Every son that is born to the Hebrews you shall cast into the Nile, but you shall let every daughter live.” Exodus 1:22 ESVhttp://bible.com/59/exo.1.22.ESV
Picture courtesy of bibleatlas.org
So Joseph, another routine breaker whose story is reserved for another day, is dead and the children of Israel are in peril again. They have grown immensely and are now a threat to the Egyptian status quo and all genocide efforts seem not to be yielding the required results. In desperation, the new Pharaoh issues a rabid edict : All newly born Israeli boys are to be fed to the Nile river !! In the edict I read the following :
- The Pharaoh knew that while the elder ones could placidly accept being subdued, the younger generation that was being born was not likely to accept this.
- The Pharaoh knew that while the old Joseph had died and the current generation was content on living on the Josephian history, he was aware that the Joseph DNA had not died and was likely to arise in the Young Lions.
So the edict came out to root out all people and potential that could arise out and the King believed he had the situation under control. Little did he know…
Now a man from the house of Levi went and took as his wife a Levite woman. The woman conceived and bore a son, and when she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him three months. When she could hide him no longer, she took for him a basket made of bulrushes and daubed it with bitumen and pitch. She put the child in it and placed it among the reeds by the river bank. And his sister stood at a distance to know what would be done to him. Now the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river, while her young women walked beside the river. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her servant woman, and she took it. When she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the baby was crying. She took pity on him and said, “This is one of the Hebrews’ children.” Then his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call you a nurse from the Hebrew women to nurse the child for you?” And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go.” So the girl went and called the child’s mother. And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him. Exodus 2:1-9 ESV http://bible.com/59/exo.2.1-9.ESV
Many things happened in the verses above. I will try to break them down.
- The journey to Moses being a routine breaker started with his parents especially his mother. The good book says she saw that he was a fine child. I don’t know what she saw as all newly born are shrivelled and not so handsome to me but she started the routine breaker gene.
- She made a bold decision not to feed the child to the Nile but to hide him. Routine breakers are fed by initiative. She was not prepared to give birth to a child that was going to be crocodile feed.
- When he became too big too hide, I guess his cries were now distinct and passers by could tell it was the bawling of a boy, she took a bold step. To the Nile.
- But even as she followed the edict of taking the boy to the Nile she was not prepared to surrender him to be fish food. She sought his survival where other children we being thrown in to die!!!
- Because she believed that her son was different Moses lived and can you belive it? Moses’ mother was paid by the Egyptian Government to look after her own son.
The woman believed that her son was going to #betheroutinebreaker and she broke all laws to ensure that. As we live this life we have the responsibility to mentor , build, save and believe in the people that will make the future.
Are you a leader? Stop throwing sons into the Nile.
Are you a parent? Start seeing fineness in your children.
Why…? You are creating the routine breakers who will stop the bleeding and cajole life into nations !!!